Many users ask, “Is it OK to keep the server at home?”. You can make it work, but we advise against it. Servers at home suffer from the following problems:
- Pets, children and spouses unplug your internet connection.
- You boil water when the toaster is on, and you lose power.
- You need to clean the basement or garage; you must move the server.
- You get a new job and have to move.
- Stable internet and power connection.
- Cloud hosting allows for backup of your server.
- Renting a VPS is fairly cheap, and switching to a new one with different specs is much faster than getting a new physical server.